Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Soul Alive - Troubadours, Bards & Storytellers


Through reading Faucon's disclaimer, I was reminded of the presence of these ancient figures we have been blessed with through time immemorial. Valid stories with messages for us reach back into ancient history. As they say, everything changes and everything stays the same. To stories, songs and plays, no matter how many times we hear them, we shout "More! More!" and applaud, for deep down we know something is going to click somewhere soon. From children to aged folks, we all share a love of a well told tale, a well crafted song or piece of stirring music, or a well acted piece that etches into our memory. And all we have to do is keep listening....

2 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Blogger Vi Jones said...

So true, so very, very true.

We didn't have a lot when I was a kid but my parents saw to it that I always had books to read. I am eternally grateful to them for that. And although I don't recall them reading to me ... I read to myself, often out loud, so I was in fact the story teller's story teller.

Vi

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

This is a wonderful remembrance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home