Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Orkneyjar - Islands North of Scotland




These images of beauty come from Orkney, a group of islands off the Northern tip of Scotland. The name is Old Norse and means "Seal Islands". The first depicts standing stones, with an ancient sword settled firmly in the earth, the next is a Sanday Sunset, and the last is St Magnus' Cathedral with its sun-filled graveyard. I loved my mind journey here, and became entranced by the beauty I saw there, the peace of a thousand hours, now.

(If of interest, the site can be reached by inserting "Orkneyjar" into Google where you may find this beautifully crafted site and its wonderful treasures for the senses. Images are downloadable desktops provided on the site, by Sigurd Towrie.)

2 Comments:

At 6:53 AM, Blogger jane said...

Thank you for this link. I am here, unraveling my mystery journey and find myself on Iona, and here to these mysterious islands your mind has also flown. I will be publishing shortly but just wished you to know that your photos were opportune. Jane

 
At 5:14 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Jane, thanks for the contact, before you I made my journey here to discover places lost in my memory and came up with some surprising missing links - I had only ever heard the name a couple of times before. What I found was deep in my memory and it was so clean and beautiful = I loved my journey there and hope you find what you seek in Iona - love that place too and read the history with an eager mind. Looking forward to reading your impressions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home