Thursday, July 21, 2005

All or One

Each one
is like
a precious
jewel,
continually
fashioned by
a higher hand(s),
hewn,
turned,
sculpted,
etched,
watered,
tumbled,
mined -
whatever the particular case may be: individually.
There is
a wisdom
in this
that no-one
knows and
cannot spell,
but the
higher hand(s)
to which
the face
is drawn -
seeking,
asking,
pining,
hurting,
illumining,
wondering,
and finally -
seeing -
that all of this pain is about divining,
and that somebody up there does like you,
after all, each and every one of you, All or one.
copyright Monika Roleff 2005

3 Comments:

At 2:38 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

This is quite extraordinary Monika. I am enraptured with the idea that there are so many ways in which the cross may have been carved and shaped.

For me the final revelation comes when I know that someone in there does like me and admires our collective humanity.

 
At 4:23 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

I think it's a given, at least that's where my thoughts are heading, even though it's hard to believe.....this bit of wording came along in a very unexpected way....

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

I had a very hard time with this Faucon. It's not something I can say my self knew as a whole...it didn't come easily, but I guess no truth ever does. And of course you are right in what you say....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home